Dumpling of White Cheese and Trout
Dumpling of White Cheese
- 400 g (13,5 ounces) of white cheese from la fromagerie de Montebello
- 2 eggs
- 90 g (3 ounces) of flour
- According to taste, a pinch of salt
- Salt, nutmeg
- 1 white onion sliced very thin
- 80 g (2.5 oz) bacon, finely diced
- 2 slices of bread, finely diced
- Chives finely chopped
Method for dumplings
- Mix white cheese, egg and flour to make a smooth paste. Season with salt and nutmeg.
- Let stand 15 to 20 minutes.
- Using a spoon, form dumplings and poach them in boiling salted water. Cool in ice water, then drain.
- To serve, fry them in butter a few minutes.
- Onion, bacon and croutons garnish.
- Saute onions with a little butter to give them a light color.
- Pan the bacon to make them crispy, and remove.
- Add a little butter and pan the bread cubes to give them a light color. Remove from heat and add the onions and bacon. Mix well. Set aside until service.
Trout and Butter Sauce
- 4 trout fillets
- According to taste salt and pepper
- Oil and butter
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) of butter
- 2 small shallots chopped
- Juice of lemon
- Season the trout fillets according to taste salt and pepper, add oil and butter to a pan and cook the fish skin side down.
- Cook a few minutes, turn, turn off the heat and set aside.
For the white butter
- In a saucepan, saute the shallots with a little butter, add lemon juice, cook a minute. Add remaining butter, remove from heat and mix in a whisk.
- Set aside.
Assembling the dish
- Arrange the dumplings on a plate, sprinkle the topping with bacon, onions and croutons.
- Add the fish fillets and drizzle with white butter.