It’s the time of the year when we finally rejoice in the traditional flavors of sugar shack season! Château Montebello offers four recipe ideas that will sweeten your next family feast.
THE CHÂTEAU’S MAPLE BUTTER CRÊPES
How can you resist the Château’s maples butter crêpes! This mouth-watering dish is a favorite with clients who stay with us. Now it’s your turn to share it with your guests.
- 250 g flour
- 3 eggs
- ½ liter milk
- 50 g butter
- 20 g sugar
- pinch of salt
- Melt the butter and mix the other ingredients together.
- Add the butter to the dough.
- In a non stick pan make fine crêpes.
- Roll the crêpes in a food pan add the maple butter.
- Put the crêpes in the oven to nice and warm.
- Let them rest for 5 minutes and serve.
Maple butter ingredients:
- 40 ml maple syrup
- 450 g butter
- Leave the butter and room temperature and than mix the maple syrup in.
BAKED BEANS DISH
This main course is the perfect accompaniment to any good sugar shack season dish. The perfect combination of sweet and savory. Prepare in large quantities to make sure you save some for later!
- 6 kg of white beans
- 3 cups or 750 ml of molasses
- 3 tablespoons of mustard powder
- 2 tablespoons of ground black pepper
- 1.5 kg of salted bacon, cubed
- 4 white onions, halved
- 1.5 kg of bacon fat
- ½ bag or 1 kg of brown sugar
- Boil the beans 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes until the beans are tender.
- Drain the water and add all the other ingredients. Stir well and cover with lead.
- Put in the oven for slow cooking at 300ºF for 3 hours.